byAlma Abell

Injuries happen every day on the job and can be quite serious. This is especially true for dangerous jobs that involve working in risky conditions. If you have experienced an accident on the job that has left you injured, you may feel your life is suddenly out of control. To make sure you get the benefits you are entitled to, you need to contact a Workers Comp Attorney in Omaha, NE. An attorney can assist you by fighting for your rights and protecting them, so you can get compensated for your injury.

How Does a Worker’s Compensation Case Normally Progress?

To begin the process for your worker’s comp claim, you will need to make sure you inform your immediate supervisor of your injuries. He or she will be responsible for beginning the process of filing the paperwork for your claim. Once your supervisor has been informed, you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible. No matter how minor or major your injury may seem, seeing the doctor is important. Many people make the mistake of waiting to seek medical treatment because they feel their injury does not warrant a trip to the doctor. They later find out they were more seriously injured than they thought.

Though you will be able to see your own doctor, you will also be required to see your employer’s doctor as well. Within twenty-four hours of your injury, you will also be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing, to make sure these were not a factor in your accident. If you fail the testing, you will lose your rights to make a claim and could possibly lose your job.

As soon as possible after your injury, you need to make sure you contact the Workers Comp Attorney in Omaha, NE. He or she can begin working on your case and making sure your rights are protected throughout the time period of your case. This will give you the peace of mind that will allow you to focus on healing from your injuries.

Contact the Gnuse and Green Law Offices today and schedule your appointment online so they can assist you in fighting for the benefits you deserve for your injury.